Bethesda Home and Retirement Center
In 1907, a group of concerned Christians under the leadership of Hilda Baade, recognized the need to serve the elderly population of their community and founded the Norweigan Lutheran Bethesda Home Assocation. Four years later, Bethesda Home was opened at 2244 W. Haddon Avenue, Chicago, with 19 residents, all of whom had very limited means. The Home underwent several expansions to its physical plant and care services to accommodate an increasing population.
In 1925, a new building was constructed on its present site at 2833 N. Nordica Avenue, Chicago. Major renovation and expansion programs in 1955, 1985 and 1990 enabled Bethesda Home to provide care for approximately 180 residents within the community.
The continuum of care at Bethesda Home includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Intermediate and Skilled Nursing Care. Professional and supportive services required to address the needs of each resident are readily available either in-house or through contractual arrangement.